Sunday 29 September 2013

Sept. 24th 2013








This email is going to be a little scattered because people keep on coming in and out of our office, but if you don't mind neither do I!

Hearing about Uncle Frank in the letter mom sent me was so sad, he will be in my prayers along with the rest of the family. (Uncle Frank and Aunt Vickie helped me a lot when I was making important decisions, I am so grateful for what they did for me). SHOUT out to Aaron for contributing to my mission. I appreciate it so much! This is the happiest I have ever been and it is only possible because the support I have back home. SO thanks I love you.

WOW tell ROBBY HEY! and i miss his stinkin guts. lol its so weird its been 2 years since he left

I was reading a scripture that goes along with that the other day:

Mosiah 5:15 "be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his" 

"Seal you his" To live with him and our families forever. The importance of temples are really manifest through this.

I had a prompting to call a member who was preparing for his mission when I met him at last conference, even though I didnt know why I called him anyways and explained why i was calling. Turns out he leaves for Tahiti in January!! Ye-haw. Than he explained how he was having a lot of temptation thrown at him lately. As we talked more, we realized his temptations were the same as mine before I left. I was able to advise him on what to do to defeat it. :) heavenly Father knows us all very well.

I have been having miracles in being able to have time to teach this week (because sister bahr is amazing) and because the Lord is merciful. I have reached 3 people I have been trying to teach for weeks now and received many referrals from people themselves that are interested in learning more! One man was on one of our tours was baptized a member when he was 8 but because his parents were not he fell quickly into inactivity and has little to no experience or knowledge of the church. He was however recently with his wife (former catholic) looking for a religion for their little young family of 4. I was able to get the information needed to send him the Book of Mormon, a finding faith in Christ video and the missionaries. I am praying for his family every prayer I have now.

These are a few of the miracles that have been pouring out. I love temple square so much! I am so happy to tell everyone I was told by president Gillette today that I will not be going outbound untill nov 27th!!!!! (mostly because renewing my passport is taking soooo long. But I am excited to have at least one more transfer here while the presidency is the same and the work is great. Also I can't imagin not being in the shadows of the SLC temple this is my home.

Today in Deseret book I ran into the actors from Ephram's rescue! the woman who played the pioneer "Elizabeth" talked to be for almost 15 mins! It was so neat hearing the behind the scene info from TC and now the actress herself. The scene she played where Elizabeth Nearly drowned was a very emotional one.
I had a break through while studying:

1 Nephi 14:14 I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were aarmed with brighteousness and with the cpower of God in great glory.

"Armed with righteousness" stood out to me. I have heard that many times in primary with the little diagram of the person in actual armor that represents things like "prayer, scripture study , CTR/......" I felt like there was more so I read the reference it has which is "Mission of Latter Day Saints". It spoke of our mission as members of the church, these Covenant people. We are to be missionaries and help others make it. This made me refer to my patriarchal blessing and realize through inspiration through the Spirit of my particular mission and how to accomplish it. I am so grateful for the power of the Book of Mormon, Prayer, and pondering. Now my mission in life is much more clear, worries are gone and I am more focused. I will never forget my personal study on Monday Sept 23, 2013.

On a funnier note, I bumped my head pretty hard on the office dividers in the phone teaching center while on exchanges with my districts. Now big blue has a a friend, Little red lol.
WE FINISHED the TREE of LIFE!!!! Hope yall like it! LOVE YOU CTR


 Moroni preaching the good word




Sister Todd special speaker for Relief Society. She is a publicist for General Conference and the church! she taught us the importance of our calling and appropriately talking with others on difficult questions that will come up at this conference and how to speak to people of a firm strong faith. It was very useful.









4.The tree of life crew (Sister Friend Takahashi -love this girl so much, Sister Lee -same and she is much more Asian-, Sister Bahr, President Seppi who provided the shop for metal work and the moral support :) and myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.