Tuesday 23 April 2013

April 20th, 2013


I know each companion I'm given has really strengthened me and made my testimony grow. I also think Heavenly Father has seen this and sent me a blessing her name is: Sister Pickrel (I call her sister Pickle! lol) She is so easy going, hard working, and spiritual. I am having a blast with her, we laugh almost as hard as we work :)





We are teaching some golden people (I just love them). Jackson went on chat and asked us if he could be baptized. At first we were cautious but helpful because you never know if they are sincere or not on chat (lots of anti's go on it because its an easy anonymous way to be anti). After talking to Jackson more it was apparent that he was sincere. He has been attending seminary and church with friends since early March and he even has his own scripture set! He knows God is his Father and talks (prays) to him often. We have been teaching him over the phone and were able to get in contact with his bishop in Colorado. He meets with the local missionaries today! I can't stop thinking/praying for him in my heart. I pray that he can "stay fixed with a determined resolution" (Alma 47) at the top of his foundation of faith in Christ.

Through a member referral from a dear dear friend from Calgary I was able to start strengthening John. John has been less active since his early teens (now hes 19). At first he was friendly but slightly sarcastic. He moved to Utah from California when he was in his senior year and was anyone of the people here and the fact that his senior year was with them. After talking with him about random facts about each other he opened up more. He told me of how he didn't think it was worth my time because he is less active or as he said called it "an old Catch" lol. After assuring him that I wasn't here to just help people who weren't members of the church but all of Heavenly Father's children, he seemed OK with it. The real reasons he became inactive is because he didn't feel good enough. He had made certain choices that hindered his illegibility to apply to serve a mission at the time. The pressure and disappointment he felt from his family was too much which led to more transgressions. He tried to go back to church a couple of times but he didn't know anyone at YSA and no one made an effort to fellowship him or befriend him. He felt guilt when he attended church because he felt he had messed up too many times. When I asked him despite all those things how was his relationship with Heavenly Father, he said: "I could pray but I don't want to get answers, I know God isn't happy with me." I could feel his pain, I know many if not all of us have been in his situation with varying degrees. The Spirit helped me discern that he had lost site of who he was and what that meant. So I thought of a simple analogy.

 I told him of a boy and his dog..."They loved each other and spent as much time with each other as they could. Than one day while playing the dog bit the boy and in fear of being punished ran away. The boy than spent days, weeks, months and even years searching for his dog. He didn't care that the boy had bit him, the dog was his and he loved him. One day a girl told the boy where his dog was. He ran to the dog and..." I paused and asked Jacob what the boy did. He was quiet now. The spirit was comforting and teaching both of us."...the boy picked up his dog and embraced him." It was obvious that the girl was my friend from Calgary, the boy was Heavenly Father and the dog was John. The Spirit pierced (3 Nephi 11:3) our hearts at that moment. I testified to John that he was a son of God. God loved him and is waiting with open arms to embrace him with love and peace. Both of us had shaky voices. The next thing he told me was the reason I came to serve the Lord. He said that he hadn't felt that sprite feeling (the spirit) in a long time, and that he wanted to feel it more. He said and I quote, "I guess I've been waiting for someone to go out of there way, and than I might come back." I assured him I would help him come back, that if he really wanted to be happy and relied on the Savior he could. I know he can. I will do everything in my power so that he is successful and I know that Heavenly Father is doing all that He can as well. We have had a couple of lessons so far and slowly but surely he is remembering who he is. What a blessing it is that I can witness it.

I also got to be on the phone with a man from Sweden living currently in India with a Hindu background Pray for the first time in his life. He so beautifully expressed love and thankfulness for God, and me and my companion. Than he simply asked if the Book of Mormon was the word of God. Man oh man I love my calling!

Sister Pickrel and Guest services are the BOMB.com lol There is a lot to learn with scheduling investigator lesson tours, answering questions and scheduling everything at the Square I haven't done too much damage but I did mess up one tour in particular. I scheduled a investigator family lesson and assigned me and sister Pickrel to it. When the Elders and Family showed up I had overlooked one detail, they needed it to be Spanish speaking. Neither I nor Sister Pickrel know Spanish :S lol We apologized and found sisters who could. As if it wasn't awkward enough I left them with, "well, por favours, Sorry!" Only 10 mins later did my comp tell me the "por Favour" means please not friends lol WOw I pulled a Vick.

My mom and grandparents came to visit it was so good I love them so much!
I miss my Korean mom i made Kimchee pancakes and sushi!
Sister Garcia is in my district!

CTR love you all! -Sister Nelson




  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.