Friday 10 May 2013

April 27th 2013


 I have had the most fun week ever. lol like maybe in my life sister pickrel is the funniest shmag and we teach well together. Heavenly Father knew I needed a little "pick" me up lol We have been teachin, preachin and playin  up a storm. 

We have picked up two new investigators! One from Alabama, and the other from taxes! So fun, we are role playing, studying and teaching. For our study's we watched 2 general Conference Talks. One was Elder Utchtdorf "The Hope of God’s Light" which we used to help an investigator realize, In times of trials "To you and to all of us, I repeat a wonderful and certain truth: God’s light is real. It is available to all! It gives life to all things" And Elder Hollands talk: "Lord I believe" He said: "please don't hyperventilate if from time to time issues arise that need to be examined, understood, and resolved. They do and they will. In this Church, what we know will always trump what we do not know. And remember, in this world, everyone is to walk by faith." These talks specifically helped the people we are currently teaching. As we watched them we received goosebumps at how specifically they would help them. I love how that works.

Sister Pickrel and I were also able to have a really neat experience where we understood a little more about Jesus Christ. It was by reading the scriptures adn watching the "bible story" videos found on lds.org. We were both able to recall the first times we gained knowledge of the truthfulness of the book of Mormon and how it really is written to help us specifically. I was 8, and she was 16. Than the moments we knew through the Holy Ghost that Joseph Smith was the Prophet that the church of Jesus Christ was restored through. She was 21 and so was I. It was as we studied the first vision that we felt that. I love the first vision from Joseph Smith History 1:16-17


I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun,which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!
I know it is possible to gain that testimony if we study and ask.
We have also been kind of dressing up to humor ourselves. Hope you all get a kick out of it, because we sure did! Sister Pickrel, like sister Oh is leaving me (transfers next week adn she goes home than too ): ). But I know that every experience is for my benifit here and so far it has been like that. I love my mission. I love my Heavenly Father. I love you all!

XXXXX (hand hugs)

CTR 

Sister Nelson/poka-to-the-dots/Hobbs(sister Pickrel is Kalvin)/student at hogwarts





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.