Sunday 29 September 2013

Sept. 17th 2013

The tree of life for General Conference. The theme this conference to focus the sisters is:
1 Nephi 8: 10-12


"And it came to pass that I beheld a atree, whose bfruit was desirable to make one chappy. And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the afruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted....And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great ajoy; wherefore, I began to be bdesirous that my family should partake of it also."

We are all children of God so we want to as Lehi did to have our family partake of this fruit and be filled with joy. We are focusing on reactivating less active members and finding new investigators. I really like this , I have always seen members as a high priority.

This week we had some pretty crazy things happen...like our car battery die on the way to walmart. Power steering was gone and i dont know how we made it but we did even though the break light turned on as well. I know we were protected because the breaks completely worked when everything else didnt. We had a strange investigator lesson where even though we cationed the elders who wanted to show a family "Gods Plan for the family" even though they had experienced domestic abuse. It didn't make them feel the spirit needless to say because they felt bitter they neverhad a family like that. We taught them about the power of the atonment which helped. It just goes to show we really need to be careful and teach to the needs of the poeple.

We had our first official district meeting! it was so neat. After sharing our "accountablity" (we share the people we will focus on for the next week and discuss what we can do to help them come closer to christ), I gave instruction on how to help people experience the gospel to believe it. I used Julia Gulia gross as an example ( I hope you dont mind :). i used the story of how when you were little you were told by D to not touch the fire place because it was "HOT" and would make you go "OUCH!" Than one day you leaned your bottom against it...talk about hot crossed buns! lol As sad as that experience was you (julia) learned to not touch it because you experienced what your mom had told you and believed her. This is the same with poeple ablut the gospel and the Spirit. You can talk people's ears off about how belief in Christ and how feeling the spirit will change their lives for the better but until they experience it for themselves it means nothing. Than we did a role play where each sister using one verse from the book of mormon would teach their comp. according to what they needed. Which is possible because the companions know each other but also more importantly because Heavenly Father knows each of us. That meant they would have to listen,  to the sister and the spirit to discern the needs of each other. It was a great experience, one which I have not tried since the MTC. Praying and planning for the sisters this way helped me re-discover this principle of teaching people not lessons.  I love my District.
Okay ran out of time love yalllllll PEACE be unto you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.