Sunday 5 January 2014

Family and Friends!

I'm not going to lie, this week was crazy.

 (Be prepared for this). So on transfer day, we moved from the Jones' house for a few weeks while they have family in town. They need our room for other people! So we are living at the Stake Presidents house while they are on a trip to California! It was a crazy move because we stayed one night at a different members house between moves. The night we were between moves MY COMP got the flu and was up all night sick! So we had to take a day and sleep by order of the mission nurse haha. Then we moved in to the new house and unpacked. Then that night there was a mega snow storm and we got about eight inches of snow! So Church got cancelled for most of Wisconsin, but luckily ours didn't! Sister reed and I are working really hard to find people to teach, but it doesn't seem like much is happening.. yet. It has seemed like every roadblock we can think of has come up to prevent us from fulfilling our purpose. But it's His work, so we will await when the people are ready. We have some really big goals though, so we'll make it through.

 All that aside, we had a fun experience with a referral we got this week:
     When we went to see the lady we got as a referral, we were welcomed in by her husband before he even knew who we were, it was really funny! Then when she came in, she proceeded to tell us about how she was a Minister for the Lutheran Church.. and gave us a sermon for an hour about circumcision and women's rights! Baaahaha, it was crazy. We tried sharing a Christmas message with her by having her read a scripture in Luke Chapter 2, but she read the verse.. and kept going.. and then went on about the circumcision thing. Oh boy. (her wig was a little crooked so it was kindof hard to stay totally focused on her eyes). Moral of the story is... sometimes we have expectations that seem totally perfect and we prepare all we can, but it still goes way off from what we expected. But that's okay!! These things just happen sometimes, and if we sit and stew in it, thinking "I prayed about this! I felt it was right! I thought that Heavenly Father was leading me..", then we're never going to progress. Sometimes experiences just happen. Sometimes there's something we need to learn from what happens to us, but sometimes we just have to let things go. And maybe that takes learning in itself.
  
   I love you all. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday! Keep Christ close to you. let Him walk with you. He came into the world to do all the Father asked him, so to accept Him, I invite all of you to study His life and discover what He can do for you every day, and then live off what you know. I can promise you that if you will live the teaching He gives in the New Testament as well as the Book of Mormon, you will find Him, and you will be happier. I have been so blessed as a Missionary to stand as a representative of Christ. His name is written on my tag. My prayer is that His name can be written on our Hearts. He loves you!!!

      "Christ says, ‘Give me All. I don’t want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want You. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half-measures are any good. I don’t want to cut off a branch here and a branch there, I want to have the whole tree down. … Hand over the whole natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think wicked—the whole outfit. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: my own will shall become yours.’” (C.S. Lewis)

 Christmas is an all year round holiday!! :)

Sister NelsonInline image 1this guy looks like dad!


Inline image 2Dont be a turkey this christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.