Monday 13 January 2014

Family and Forever Friends

Hi there!

Sweet! Shawn bought a bike (im either gonna have to get a scooter or bike licence to fit in the family now!), Diana has a new puppy, DAD IS GOING TO AUSTRALIA!!! and Michelle has found her dress! wow big stuff! Inline image 1
(city branch ward it is the first chapel in Wisconsin, it was bought back from another church several years ago! this was Tuesday and freakin' freezing!)

I am living I survived -45 C!!!! Now its much warmer again! i was shocked this morning when I went outside and I did not have to wear gloves! Lucky meee (lucky my companion too, Ariel she suffers from that thing that you do where if you get cold you swell up and its painful, YIKES!)

Here is the update with our people we are teaching(or trying to. I have changed the names) We have not been able to meet with Sarah and Megan, although we have tried, but texting daily scriptures has been the only communication they have responded to and are appreciative of. The Smith's family (Megan's fellowshippers) are trying to set up a lesson this week.

We have met with Murray (a less active member of many years now, but has shown some interest in returning in the past couple months) with the ward mission leader and his family which went well. It is difficult for him to attend church because of work conflicts. We have recently built a better relationship with Bishop Nussbaun, He is an amazing leader (while being a young father and an ER doctor) and is striving to work with all of the members especially our recent convert who is fighting depression currently. For her we are scheduling regular appointments again but always having her home teachers, visiting teachers or fellow members leading the discussion to help her build faith. We have been able to teach several lessons through mall contacting and door knocking. It is fun! We also had a pretty funny experience with a Lutherine Family who was referred by members of our ward. Judy and Bob were borne Lutherine and go to Bible studies and hymn singing every week! They love singing the Lords prayer so much that in the middle of our discussion of Romans 8:16-17 how we are literal children of God Judy stood up and started playing and singing! It was lovely and strange. Bless their hearts, we may go back when they get back from snow-birding in Arizona.

All my mission I have planted seeds, never fully able to see the fruits of my labors. It had me down this week a bit until the Elders in our ward sent us this scripture:

1 Corinthians 3:8-10

 Now he [she] that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his ownreward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s bhusbandry, ye are God’s building. According to the agrace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid   the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

This Gave me so much comfort, I think my expectations for outbound were to finally reap all the rewards of my labours on Temple square. I know this is not Heavenly Fathers way. I also have faith in and have seen many progressions in those around me. This is His work and I am greatful to help build those foundations for Him.

I love you all! I think and pray about you often!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.