Monday 14 July 2014

Canada/Independence Day!

Hey!

This week has been incredible. It was filled with fun too! We had alot to do on canada day (mission leadership council and district meetings) so we just dressed our best in white and red. Than for Independence day the mission had a BBQ with J-dawgs! I didn't know wht they were until I had them either, no worries! But they are delicious! I am sorry family but I really Like the USA. I really consider part of me to be american now! (along with all the nationalities of my companions.) 

CANADA DAY!

​4th of July! (big blue and sister sorto completed my red, white and blue outfit!)



We had the finish strong meeting. I didn't realize the time was far spent until than. We were going around saying how we would be strong. i blanked. I jokingly looked at president adn said, "what do you think about giving me a 14th?" Than i bust out crying. Like I mean ugggs crying. Nose running, shaking to catch my breath. it was weird. All I could say was: "I dont want to finish....*trying to catch my breath*...I just want to meet our baptismal goal." I guess it just hit me. Sister Sorto promised me we would not talk about that event anymore hahah.

we talked to 2 kazicstan guys the other day. They were dressed like an indie pop-rock band with fancy slacks, the sides of their heads shaved, mustaches and shades. They worked for a "non-profit". But when we asked why they chose that profession they said, "to make money (very non-profit indeed)." Than after asking more about it they chimed in, "yes yes helping people is important too." sketchy. But while we were talking the wind blew my tag around and they say the BYU, spong bob square-pants, harry potter and dinosaur stickers. They said "what is that?". Laughing I explained that missionaries do that for fun. We all laughed and than one of them said, with a thick accent, "I'm sorry seester Nelsone that I do not have any sneeckers forrr you!" hahhahahahahahahaha what a goon. 

Sister sorto and I had a powerful moment after our nightly planning on saturday night. We had met Uncle Mike and aunt linda and aunt karen on the square earlier in the day. Aunt linda and sister sorto connected right away b/c aunt linda served in El Salvador. They really reminded us of what a blessing it is to have missionaries in our countries, how we serve on sacred grounds and know God's plan for us. Sister sorto opened up to me about how her family were baptized. Her father became an orphan at a young age and had to support his 8 siblings. He was selling something on the street when 2 elders apporuched him. This was a couple of weeks after his dad died. The elders told him about Gods plan and how he would be re-united with his family again. Her dad was taught in one week adn baptized. His family also followed him after. WOW because of missionaries her family really will be united in God's King again. It really hit us in that moment that God does have a plan of us. Also how significant the impact of 1 person following the promtings of the spirit are. Tomorrow we are givning a Zone training meeting. We will focus on relating the teachings to people so they realize, like we did, how significant it in their lives. Often we underestimate the power and impanct a personal experince has on others. IT is this way that the spirit can touch hearts. I really like this definition of a testimony found on lds.org:

What is a testimony?

A testimony is a spiritual witness given by the Holy Ghost. The foundation of a testimony is the knowledge that Heavenly Father lives and loves His children; that Jesus Christ lives, that He is the Son of God, and that He carried out the infinite Atonement; that Joseph Smith is the prophet of God who was called to restore the gospel; that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Savior's true Church on the earth; and that the Church is led by a living prophet today. With this foundation, a testimony grows to include all principles of the gospel.
And this statement by Dallin H. Oaks:
“A testimony of the gospel is a personal witness borne to our souls by the Holy Ghost that certain facts of eternal significance are true and that we know them to be true. Such facts include the nature of the Godhead and our relationship to its three members, the effectiveness of the Atonement, and the reality of the Restoration.”
—Dallin H. Oaks

I am so grateful for this powerful tool Heavenly Father has given each of us. Size does not matter, it is simply if you,"open your mouth".

LOVE YOU ALL!

Sister Friend Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.