Hello Everyone I Love!
Life is swell at the square. Cool new news!:
Life is swell at the square. Cool new news!:
- Top secret! The church has produced a new movie that will play in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building instead of the Movie about Joseph Smith and the restoration. It is really good, Sister mulliner and I ushered for the General Authorities to watch it (Tad Callister was there! With another famous one I cannot remember his name but he is African American!) and got to watch it as well. IT is a very good introduction to the church for those who are just learning or have never heard of it. IT focuses on the lives of members around the world, its kind of like a documentary. One family they focus on live in Atlanta Georgia and he is a black bishop, another is a couple from brazil and the wife and husband work together teaching boxing while the wife does it at a professional level, another is a man from Peru who is a humanitarian and the last is a missionary mom and her conversion! I was slightly critical until I saw it, but its amazing and i wish every investigator could watch it. it shows how applying the teachings of Christ can help everyone despite their situation and it gets rid of stereo types. It should be publicly accessible soon they just have to have the General Authorities approve it!
- Sister Mulliner and I are preparing for our Zone training meeting for . We will teach our purpose as missionaries and how to better fulfill it. By comparing my bball skills with Jimmer's . (Nelson VS Jimmer) Whats the difference? The FOCUS hahaahh. We have more spiritual points than that, but we thought it would give the sisters a good visual. If we are focused on our purpose and goals we will be able to achieve them. If our purpose (to find, teach, baptize and help reach the temple) becomes our drive behind all we do, we will achieve it. Our goal this transfer is 24 converts in our zone. I know its achievable and so does the Lord. Its his work and he is moving it along, we just have to be focused enough to be part of it.
- also I am famous! you didnt know? Well check it out, I look good right? ahah Deseret newssss foool
As written in John And this is the will of him that sent me, that every onewhich seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. I know this is true I have witnessed it. heavenly Father hears and knows all of his children. Happiness will come from living the commandments, sometimes it takes awhile but it comes.
Some things to think about....
- " The only things that really need to be accomplished in the home are daily scripture study and prayer and weekly family home evening.”
- We were trying to do these things, but they were not always the priority and, amidst the chaos, were sometimes neglected. We changed our focus..... and tried not to worry about the less-important things. Our focus became to talk, rejoice, preach, and testify of Christ by striving to daily pray and study the scriptures and have weekly family home evening.
- A friend recently cautioned, “When you ask the sisters to read the scriptures and pray more, it stresses them out. They already feel like they have too much to do.”
Brothers and sisters, because I know from my own experiences, and those of my husband, I must testify of the blessings of daily scripture study and prayer and weekly family home evening. These are the very practices that help take away stress, give direction to our lives, and add protection to our homes. Then, if pornography or other challenges do strike our families, we can petition the Lord for help and expect great guidance from the Spirit, knowing that we have done what our Father has asked us to do.
Brothers and sisters, if these have not been practices in our homes, we can all begin now. If our children are older and refuse to join us, we can start with ourselves. As we do, the influence of the Spirit will begin to fill our homes and our lives and, over time, children may respond.
Remember that living Apostles have also promised that as we search out our ancestors and prepare our own family names for the temple, we will be protected now and throughout our lives as we keep ourselves worthy of a temple recommend.5 What promises!"
Protection from Pornography—a Christ-Focused Home By Linda S. Reeves
(Second Counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency)
There you go! That's your invite to FOCUS and prioritize your lives to make scripture study and family prayer EVERY DAY and family home evening. The Lord will help you fulfill this commandment as you put forth effort and you will witness his help intervening in your life. I testify to you, not just as Vickie, or vicbic or as Sister Nelson but as a representative of Jesus Christ that He lives. As you follow in Christ's footsteps you will someday look up and be before your Father who is in heaven. I know as you do these 3 simple things you will be able to, "look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands.... having the image of God engraven upon your countenances" (Alma ). I promise this in the name of Jesus the Christ. Amen.