Saturday 20 July 2013

July 12th, 2013




 Hi!

Man this week has been full of spiritual violence. To my face. We have been praying to find people who are ready and Heavenly Father has definitely placed people in our path. He placed a cute couple in our path 2 weeks ago from Arizona. They are the miracle couple that said they wanted to become members after a tour. We have been texting them and calling here and there and our fasting was for them. We hadn't had a chance to call them for several days because of tours (Mandarin and English) and  youth conference, but we trusted in the lord. And he completely took care of them! When we called they explained how they had met with the elders twice and were set for Saturday as well as church for Sunday. I am so grateful for all the missionaries, especially these ones who brought a Spanish speaking fellowshipper for the wife and are so great! Heavenly Father is so aware of us and those who we pray for. This gives me comfort for my family and friends who I miss and want to be happily engaged with the gospel always. i know they will continue to progress. 

The other day Sister Weng and I were planning and I was so bored! I asked her if this is how she planned in Missouri, because I was just doing it how everyone else (or so i thought) did it here. Well I decided to try to fix that, I watched the Preach my gospel the section on 9pm daily planning. Wow I have been doing it all wrong. We implemented what we studied on planning and it is night and day. I have been praying and really thinking of how to  improve my work and the excitement for it. I realized that when I really ponder and discuss with Sister Weng how we can help our investigators, the people on the square we meet, Mandarin tours and youth individually and plan specifically for them I love the work. Also more is accomplished, I hope and ask heavenly father to help me to continue doing this his way. 

We picked up 2 new investigators this week! and they can actually come to the square for lessons! I cannot wait! Both are from Taiwan, and speak Mandarin and English!

Another Lesson I learned is that the spirit is a much better teacher than myself. I am trying to let it speak more and slowly but surly I hope to be able to better utilize it. I can know it is there when I am at ease, my companion is, and so is the person we are teaching.


(Galations 5:22-25 22 But the afruit of the bSpirit is clovedjoyepeaceflongsufferingggentleness, goodness, hfaith, 23 aMeekness,btemperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the aaffections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.)

Oh I had "hot pot" for the first time yesterday with several other sisters. I have found my absolute favorite food! It is a an Asian dish, this one in particular was Taiwanese! It is just a soup broth you bowl and had different sea foods and veggies and meats to! Oh man I could eat it every day!

LOVE YOU all
Sister nelson
PS congrats Brittany on your new beautiful baby! I'm so exited and I wanna meet your baby so bad! when you able to come here!!!!! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.