Saturday 20 July 2013

July 19th, 2013



Hello! 

Craziness this week happened! Sister Weng and I were both running low on missionary funds and somehow the lord provided us with 4 free meal! yum free food my fave! One however was the strangest food i have ever eaten. I ate wait for it.....Cow stomach, Asian foods and the best part CHICKEN FEET! Yummmm all which was pretty good in taste texture however was...uh different. This special meal was provided by sister Weng's sister who attends BYU business Collage. I have to admit l liked the cow stomach.



We were able to have many Mandarin Motor Coach Miracles in the past several days! and small group mandarin tour miracles! One, "Jin" is progressing with her local missionaries. She is so cool, we like the same music she is currently living in the west coast from originally China working for IT with Nike.  I should remember more but my brain is a little tired :)

So this morning during exercise  me and Sister Hitchrich (my fellow Canadian sister Friend) were guessing our transfer predictions. She new she was going outbound, so I guessed she would go West coast or Idaho lol. Than to get back at me she said your going to train and be a district leader at the same time. I thought well that wouldn't be sooo  bad. I said: "the thing that would really suck for me would be to get like office assistant or something, they never get to teach or even see day light." We laughed it off and got ready for early morning transfer conference. The time came for the Zone leaders to announce my new companion, zone, and assignment. Every day I am learning that Heavenly Father has a very good sense of Humor because they put THE BIGGEST shmag as the new office assistant. :/ I don't even know what this means! All I have seen is the OA's always in the office on computers.


To be honest I'm exited to go and do what the lord has commanded. But I am determined to teach on the square, take large group tours/investigator lessons and teach my own investigators. This is the best part, I asked one of the previous OA's what they did. She said they run a large part of the logistics of temple square, so everything can run smoothly for the mission. Pftt! I know this calling is to help me learn to be more organized, orderly and teach me to work well under stress. I look forward to learning to balance it all with the help of the Savior. 


Today we hosted a youth conference and took a great large group mandarin tour with 11 year old class of Kids and their parents learning English from Bejii! The youth conference was one of the best we have done. It was fun, and spiritually violent! As we sang the opening hymn I looked around at the 160 something youth and almost started to tear up (I can't cry in front of them, it makes it awkward for them lol). I will miss this calling sooo much. I pray for these people always. They are me, I still feel and remember what it is like to be them (mostly because it was like a couple years ago lol). I am so grateful for the opportunity I was given to be with them for 2 whole transfers! Same thing happened with the Mandarin tour. While introducing myself in Mandarin I had to put a big cheesy smile on my face to stop from crying (I hope I didn't "smile" Smile cray). I will miss their energy of never ending "NEHOWWWS!", them sneaking next to us while we sing a hymn for them so they can be in a picture with them but mostly I will miss their eyes. The moment you know they have felt the spirit for the first time in their lives and connected it to the gospel. I will also miss Sister Weng. She is a great companion. She taught me a lot of things :) Mostly how to treat your companions and to openly resolve issues swift to the point and finish with love.
My new companions name is Sister Gerrick! I think she is either from Cali or Utah, I think Cali. She is super cute and I'm exited! Big changes here!

P.S. different zone, different pday. It's every Monday at 1-3pm that I'll be emailing! LOVE YALL

Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.