Thursday 11 July 2013

July 5th 2013

We had 4 really cool miracles on the 4th of july. 

1) We got to see Aunt Monica! so good to see family! and Zander, cousin Jordan's baby is soo cute! 

2) We took an unexpected mandarin tour and at the end it seemed like no good had come of it but as everyone left one man stayed behind. He had asked at the temple model the church's view on divorce. He said he wanted to learn more and filled out a referral card. Than sister weng being so smart simply said "there's a lot to learn, what would you like to know more about?" He opened up like I have never seen anyone do who is from China (they are usually very reserved with personal matters, they don't hug each other, say I love you ect.). He explained how he was looking for peace from his divorce 2 years ago. His marriage ended very badly. We stayed with him for another hour at the Christus and taught him the restoration with the plan of salvation. We left him with a book of Mormon and a prayer. He actually said the prayer. It was beautiful and simple but he prayed that this would be the beginning of the right things to learn. He left differently than he came. I will never forget as he left he kept on looking back smiling and waving. 

3) Another unexpected tour instead of eating dinner. This family was so fun and cute. If I had an Asian family they would be it (asians always have american families that adopt them when they move here for school lol) They were just so funny. At the temple model the little girl asked "why do you have cows in our temple and not sheep?" the dad said they were there so everyone in the temple could drink milk :) as we went through though the father was asking sincere questions. He explained to me that they were heading home from there travels when the main highway they planned on using was closed down. To find a different way he looked for a building for help. He came to a church (our church) and knocked on the door, finally a service missionary answered it, helped him find a different way that actually went through SLC. He suggested the family went to temple square and gave him a Book of Mormon. Being mandarin he can't read English as well as he can speak it. He asked us for a mandarin copy. We agreed and I told him another really good resource to learn was from the missionaries where he lived. He agreed to that. Than we were all sitting by the reflective pool after taking pictures. The kids were splashing in the pool and the Dad was sitting looking up at the temple. He asked me about angel Moroni and after answering he took a long look at the temple. I could see the spirit working in him so I just looked at it as well. After several pauses I asked him if he had any more questions. Nodding he asked me, "what is the difference between non believers and believers" after a minute of trying to better understand his question he rephrased it and asked, "how does one start to become a member?" At this point the spirit is very strong and helped me answer him perfectly for his understanding. I simply said the missionaries teach you how to develop faith in Jesus Christ, you change past mistakes and than you are baptized" It was so funny because at first he was like "Baptist?! isnt that only for one religion?" hahaha than I explained that we follow Christs example to wash away our past and start new with the proper authority the church has. He was so kind, goofy and sincere. I feel as though I met friends I always knew.

 4) A Large group mandarin tour showed up 40 mins late, so it took our dinner slot. I was so furious because the guide that was scheduling had lied about when they would get there  becuase he was running late and if it is that late they either get missed or have to reschedule because of how tight booking is. So we started this tour and I just saw all these people were hot, half would wonder off not even listening to take pictures and many were dazing off. We got to the temple view and Sister briggs started talking baout the temple and our beilifs about eternal marriage/families. I have heard over adn over adn testified over a hundred times of how I know famlies can be together for ever through the temple but this was different. The spirit pricked my heart at how important and true this was. I looked around the group and saw many children bugging there tired/hot parents and it Hit me. They have no idea. Before coming here and hearing four 20something year old sister missionaries tell them. They need this and in heaven they will remember perfectly what they w
ere taught that one hot day in july when they visited utah. I looked at a little boy and girl and thought of my nieces and nephews. Than Sister Weng pasted me the microphone to testify of how the temple has blessed my family. I testified how my niece Mayley just learned how to say "I love you" not too long ago and how I know she will get to tell me that forever. Than I passed the mic back. I know this work is worth every moment. I miss my family but I will be with them forever. 100% guaranteed. So I'm more than ok with being here. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for letting me represent His Son and church.

Bye!




pic with lead actor from the film "Ephriam's Rescue"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.