Wednesday 19 March 2014

"Seek Ye the Kingdom of God"

Hello lovely favorite people!
Life is good, no Life is the BEST. I am back with sister Barros teaching up a storm. But first watch this video, it is Christ teaching as a young boy. Every time I learn more about the life and ministry of Jesus Christ I strive with more devotion to be more like him. I hope it does the same for you:

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-01-003-young-jesus-teaches-in-the-temple?category=bible-videos-the-life-of-jesus-christ&lang=eng


I finally feel like I know what I am doing here! it only took alittle over a year but I got it! ahahah I seriously would do this for the rest of my life if i was permitted to have the family move here. When ever I think of how short I have left I get sad and have to stop thinking about it. We are teach a guy named troy from Ogden UT. Both of his sisters are baptized members, him and I assume his parents are still catholic. We taught him the restored gospel yesterday with a member on the phone as well. The spirit was so strong and I can tell he is being prepared by the lord because he is catholic and excepted the need for a restoration of Christ's teachings with is very uncommon. When the spirit was strong my companion asked him: "when you come to know these teachings are true troy, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the restored authority of God?" Without hesitation and conviction he agreed. Than I was prompted to say, "How would you come to know these things are true?" This is why I love Troy so much, he said, "by living them". he is so smart and I know he has already felt this because he has gone to church several times with his sisters. Than we extended the goal to be baptized on March 30th. He agreed again without hesitation and conviction. These are litterally the happiest moments of my life. Guiding others to Christ so He can lead them to their Heavenly Father.

Inline image 1
It is good to be back at temple square!
Inline image 2  This is a painting by Sister Briggs mom Sister Briggs haha a sister from Oregon. I love it, I got to go in the temple this morning for the first time in 4 months! I know I am super blessed compared to other missionaries who don't even see a temple their whole mission but man I missed it.  John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." I love the temple when ever I go in I really feel peace.
eu te amo! (I love you all)
-Sister Nelson
Ps. Shout out to Tanner for the letter and sharon, mom, dad, friends from wisconsin and sister Johnson for the email! Letters and emails are a rarity for sisters in my class, so one goes a long way. gracias los amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.