Friday 28 February 2014

From irmã to 姐妹

Olá beautiful people! This week has been a marvelous work and a wonder. So many changes, so many lessons and even one baptism! Last Wednesday morning President Cutler (president of the Wisconsin Milwaukee Mission) called me to inform me I had missed my 8am flight to SLC neither of us knew about! He than informed me that my next flight was leaving the following morning at 9am. This gave me just enough time to say goodbyes:


 Alex (the sisters recent convert)

Inline image 2
the elders  in my district

Inline image 3
Sister Training leaders (Hurst & Zebly)

packed my belongings, do some good old fashion door knocking and mall contacting, part from my companion sadly and hop on a plane. It was so quick, that day and serving in Wisconsin. I am so greaetful for all that I learned and experienced there. I learned from the best missionaries I know in the world (believe me I know, this was my 3rd mission people!). I also learned to rely completely on the Lord, the spirit and my companion. I feel blessed to have that experience. King Benjamin can explain it much better than I can:

"as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have atasted of his love, and have received a bremission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own cnothingness, and hisdgoodness and long-suffering towards you and humble yourselves even in the depths of ehumilityfcalling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing gsteadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel."
-Mosiah 4:11

I really feel it was necessary for me to be humbled and rely on Jesus Christ more fully not only in this service but also in my life. I am also greateful for the many people I met and even though I may have only taught them once or had brief contact with them I know both sides were effected.
Well when I got off the plane I was greeted by sister Garrick! It was a joyous reunion! (we served together in the mission office 6 months ago.) And seeing many other sisters I have missed. Walking back to the Square from the apartments I felt at home and peace. Not only have I grasped my purpose as a missionary ( To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.) but now I have the knowledge of how to do that here on Temple Square. 
Inline image 4 
After a long day we got a well deserved milk shake at chick-fil-a! It had been too long :)
 Inline image 5 
This week I had some interesting lessons over the phone and on the square with Sister Barros (from Brazil in her 3rd transfer. She is one of the most soft spoken yet powerful missionaries I have ever met, she has taught me so much in this little time we have had together). We called one of our chat investigators (anna from the UK) from the summer and recieved the lovely news she had been baptized that past sunday! She is so sweet and it took awhile for her to know the church was Christ's true church today restored, but once she started to actually read the Book of Mormon she knew. Every single conversion I have heard always has to do with the Book of Mormon. Once we actually read the book, think about it and pray to ask Heavenly Father about the teachings in it we are more converted. Its that simple and its that true!

Inline image 6
On thursday after relief society I recieved a text from the Assistants that they want to see us. THey than asked me if I would go back to the office for 2 weeks while Sister brock recoveres from being sick. So back to the office I go! I am happy to help, I have an amazing Companion there and I will be back to regular missionary work in 2 weeks. So that is why I am emailing on friday now! another zone has a different p-day!
Inline image 7 Sister Yeung is from Hong Kong! Yeah! back to the Asian life for me! We had an investigator lesson with Zhu Yue (PHD student at U of U) from Taiwan. She struggles with comparing Budhism to the doctrines of the church but when we explained she can gain wisdom from the Holy Ghost by praying and studying the scriptures she became more convicted in her faith in Jesus Christ which is HUGE!
Love you all! 再见 (bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.