Tuesday 12 February 2013

Ton of FUN in Waterton!


HALA hala! Hows it?

 Last p-day we went to wonderful Waterton and took pictures, played in the snow, looked at mountains and snow shoe'd it up! It was a blast! A member/sisterfriend Lindsay we live with took us and the other sister companionship in our zone. 

This week we had meetings, meetings and more meeting. Including District, where we made crepes for the Elders, we met with steak president, Zone meetings, and a meeting right in my vary own home town, CALGARY! haha I was in Calgary on Saturday! crazy I know, it was bittersweet. I got to see all my fave Sisterfriends: England, Simpson and Mozzalini! After we went to Peters for shakes and burgs. I was thinking of all my friends ( Holly Dolly Sarah mullet, LG, Lauren Mark, Bamber Lolah and many more, PS thanks Lo for the Letter, and others write me too! its really NICE to get them! I like pics so I can show how pretty my friends and family are as we drove back to Lethbridge and I could see my home town gradually fade way. 

We have been doing so much service work, it is one of my favorite parts of the mission. The most fun I have had since I moved here has been visiting at the old folks home! hey don't hate on it until you try it, ok? We got to visit with a 93 year old woman from Holland (that's right KT shes sooo Dutch!) she was so cute, sassy and asked me to brush and braid her very white hair. Than she had us sing for her, she tried to sing along but didn't know the words. SO precious. Than another day we visited with a Sister from the ward who is struggling with loosing her memory. Fern is her name and she is my mission grandma. Mostly because shes sassy and cute which reminds me of my grandma! Fern loves cookies so she agreed to make them with us to give to investigators and less active members. It was a blast! she has a funny accent because shes from a place i cant remember lol  but she sounds like the mom from Hairspray. 

My companionship has been working through the difficulties of having 3 very different opinions. We are doing vary well though with the help of the Holy Ghost. Every time we cant decide what an investigator needs to hear we pray about it and all receive the same feeling. It was a faith building experience when we put this to action and it helped a struggling sister. The lesson was specifically what she needed to hear and in the way she needed it. The holy ghost can direct us in our lives if we do the work and pray for specific answers.

We had an OUTRAGEOUS experience the other day!!! We were doing a routine "stop by" when we were welcomed into Gabriel's house. Gabriel and his large family are from Uganda and very religious. We attempted to teach for  almost 2 hours, while he tried to Bible bashed. The best part though was the end when we explained we like to end meeting with a prayer. He excitedly volunteered. As my comps and I folded our arms and bowed our heads he stood up and began to pray with vigor. Arms flailing he exclaimed things like "praise Jesus!" and "Save us from the Devil!" Between each break his family would shout, "amen!" and "yeah!". I wanted so badly to join in but I felt it would be inappropriate lol. I'm so happy I have a "real missionary" story!

The other day I memorized Joseph Smiths 1st vision. What a blessing! I know my Father in Heaven helped me, because like Fern my memory is not the best. The best part though was kneeling to pray to thank my father and reciting it to him. The feeling of what I was saying was true filled my heart. The Holy ghost testified to me that Joseph Smith was a prophet, he saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I know my Father loves and helps me with my weaknesses daily. He is just like my Father on earth and Loves me infinitely. The neatest thing is yesterday we held a church tour for an investigator and I was able to bear witness of these truths, accompanied with a scripture. I extended a invitation of baptism to her and told her the 1st step is to come to church on Sunday. I hope she does, I'm prying for her!

I love you all and miss you! I have to go now to battle the Light side! (We are having a zone STAR WARS battle today. I'm on the Dark side! fill u in more next week with pictures.)

P.S. when I enter the MTC this will be my address:

Sister Vickie Nelson
MTC Mailbox # 334
UT-TMSQ 0213
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Peace and Blessings, Peace and Blessings brother and sister friends! 
CTR

Sister Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.