Saturday 18 May 2013

May 17th 2013


I love you all! Talking on the phone really made me sing "There is Sunshine in my Soul Today!" and "Scatter Sunshine!" all day after that. It rubbed off on Sister Nakaima  too so she was grateful!  It was so good to hear all your voices and I'm so sorry it was short but rules are rules. They are there for my good so I gotta keep them!

The mission has been madness lately. The summer is kicking up so that means Japanese/ English tours in the handfuls  Study and meal time is either shortened or taken because of the need to take tours. I don't mind really, it means I get to teach more and talk to people. I love large group tours. It is sometimes hard to invite people to meet with missionaries but he get to bare our testimonies on God's plan for us to have eternal families to 20-30 people at a time. Its like Brigham Young did it on his mission! I also get to be the center of attention which is always a bonus, people listen to you and they will believe anything you say so joking is easy lol! 

On Wednesday Elder Ballard came to speak to us!! I feel so blessed. Not many young people or even missionaries get to hear an apostle of the Lord speak to them in a somewhat small group of people. The most profound thing the spirit whispered to me while he spoke was a question I've been trying to sort out for  several weeks now. How do I help people have a desire to do what is right and follow Christ  That is a huge part of my calling and I have felt lately that i wasn't doing as well as I could be. The spirit told me: they must feel the spirit. The desire will come after that and when I invite they will know what to do with that desire. WOW so simple. What Elder Ballard said that has helped me lately was things it was along the lines of don't worry, its the Lords Church, he can worry about it. I love it clearly means if I'm doing my best, the lord will make up for the rest. Which I have heard many times but am just getting now. Sheesh I'm a slow learner. This has especially helped lately because of the commotion with youth conference coordinating, guest speaking and singing with other sisters in a near by ward, tours, still being trained so I need study and trying to have time to still teach my investigators. Long story short this week has been a little much but the Savior did much more and knows how to help me, which He does every time I ask my Father in Heaven.

I love you all, and I love hearing from you. Don't forget me! lol I always am thinking of my friends and family looking to your great examples!

LOVE sister Shmag Nelson

PS 2 investigators are getting baptized in the next week! one boy one girl both about 19!! I'm so exited!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.